Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
Prepare this perfect brunch casserole the night before and all you have to do is put it in the oven the next morning! Filled with juicy apples and crispy on the outside, this French toast casserole can be enjoyed with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
- 1 Loaf Apple bread or French Bread cut up into 1 inch cubes
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 medium apples diced
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- Grease a 9×13" casserole dish. Add bread cubes and diced apples. Mix together and spread evenly in dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and brown sugar. Pour mixture over the bread and apples.
- Sprinkle most cinnamon on top, cover casserole dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate dish overnight
- Preheat over to 350 F degrees. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered and/or serve with a drizzle of maple syrup
Recipe adapted from: Berry French Toast Casserole, https://www.joyousapron.com/berry-french-toast-casserole/