Cabbage Roll Casserole
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 14 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 can water
- 1/2 cup long grain rice uncooked
- 4 cups green cabbage shredded
- sour cream or cheese optional
- Combine beef, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil; stir in rice.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Place half of cabbage in a greased 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) dish; cover with half the rice mixture.
- Repeat layers. Cover and bake in 350 F(180 C) oven for 1 hour. Serves with sour cream or cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Peak of the Market.