Ginger Carrot Soup with Pumpkin
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red, green or brown split lentils
- 1 L chicken stock/broth
- 2 L water
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ginger dried or fresh
- 4 carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 can pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 c plain yogurt
- salt & pepper
- Saute onion, garlic, curry powder and ginger in oil, in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add carrot, pumpkin, lentils and chicken stock and simmer until carrots and lentils are soft.
- Blend the mixture with an immersion/hand blender until smooth (or you could use a regular blender then pour back into a pot. Be careful blending hot liquids)
- Add water and simmer on low-medium for at least 15 minutes.
- Before ready to eat, add milk, yogurt, and salt and pepper to taste. Warm through before serving.
- Enjoy with a crusty whole wheat roll or naan bread and a glass of milk.
Recipe couresty of Nutrition for Early Learning and Child Care