How Farm to School Manitoba Works
Farm to School Manitoba fundraiser process:
Stay tuned for updates for the Fall 2021 season and for our new online enrollment system
Set timelines for participating students/children to promote the fundraiser. Promote your fundraiser throughout the fundraising period. Encourage those who are interested in purchasing vegetables to go online and purchase through your respective fundraising group.
More information to come on how people can purchase vegetables online to support your fundraiser!
Stay tuned for updates on our new online ordering system
Schedule your volunteers to unload the vegetables from the delivery truck when it arrives on your delivery date.
Delivery arrival times will be provided by a third-party hired trucking company on the scheduled day of delivery.
**Note: The driver cannot assist in unloading the vegetables due to liability issues**
Plan for volunteers to assemble the vegetables bundles for distribution to those who purchased.*
It is helpful to have an assembly line for each bundle size starting with the included shopping bags, and then potatoes with the other veggies on top.
BUNDLE A: 2 lb carrots, 2 lb onions, 5 lb potatoes and one recipe booklet**
BUNDLE B: 3 lb carrots, 3 lb onions, 10 lb potatoes, 1 lb parsnips, one cabbage and one recipe booklet
* Follow current public health guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing when planning out the vegetable assembly process at your school/daycare
** Vegetables are delivered in labelled, pre-weighed bags, volunteers will need to sort out the bags of vegetables into Bundles A or B and bagged within the shopping bags provided (one reuseable bag per bundle).
Distribute the freshly packed Manitoba vegetable bundles to those who placed online orders.* Don’t forget to CONGRATULATE your amazing students, children, and volunteers for a successful, healthy choice fundraiser!
* Follow current public health guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing when planning out distribution of the bundles
For a successful vegetable fundraiser, you will need:
- A great team of volunteers and/or parents who can unload the vegetables from the truck and assemble them into the reusable bags so they are ready for distribution
- Adequate space to receive delivery and for assembly; trolleys or carts may be needed for large orders
- Parents to help children and students take the bundles home on the scheduled delivery date in order to pass them along to those who purchased from them
- Ability to follow current public health guidelines for gathering limits and social distancing when planning out the vegetable assembly and distribution process