Mini Meatball & Pasta Soup
- Vegetable Peeler
- Paring Knife
- Cutting Board
- Medium Soup Pot
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Medium Bowl
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg spinach frozen
- 1/2 lb chicken or turkey ground
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup pasta small size (e.g. orzo)
- Peel and finely chop half an onion. Peel and slice carrots. Heat the oil over medium heat in a medium pot. Saute the onion and carrot for five minutes, then add the broth and bring up to a boil. Open the frozen spinach package. Put all the frozen spinach into the soup and bring it back up to a boil.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the ground meat with cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, salt and pepper. If the mixture is too moist, add a bit more breadcrumbs.
- Form the meat mixture into small meatballs, about 2 cm wide.
- When the soup comes to a boil drop the meatballs into the broth. Stir in the pasta and cook on high heat for about 10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
Recipe courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Manitoba. https://nuton.ca/program/superchef/