- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 1 1/4 lb parsnips – peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon – ground
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium high heat.
- Saute onion until tender. Add parsnips, stock and wine, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until parsnips are very tender.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and process, in batches if necessary, until smooth.
- Return to saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients, salt and pepper to taste. Heat until steaming but do not boil.
Recipe courtesy of Peak of the Market.