Connect with Us
What does "Farm to School" mean?
The Farm to School (F2S) approach brings healthy, local food into schools and provides students with hands-on learning opportunities, all while strengthening the local food system and enhancing school and community connectedness. F2S activities may differ by school, but it is always directed toward getting more healthy local foods on the minds and plates of children and youth.
For more information about F2S efforts and initiatives across Canada, please visit Farm to Cafeteria Canada.
The Farm to School Manitoba Healthy Choice Fundraiser is not only a profitable fundraiser for your school or licensed daycare, but it also supports students, families and communities in taking part of the F2S movement within Manitoba and across the country.
Educational Resources for Teachers and Parents
- Agriculture in the Classroom
- FANLit - Food and Nutrition Literacy
- Nuton - Dairy Farmers of Manitoba
- Farm to Cafeteria Canada
- Heart and Stroke Manitoba - Healthy Kids
- Half Your Plate!
- Freggie Tales! Canadian Produce Marketing Association
- Save-On-Foods Nutrition Tours Program
- Bruce D. Campbell Farm and Food Discovery Center
- FortWhyte Alive Farms
- Food Matters Manitoba
Fun Vegetable Activities for Children
- Celebrate World Food Day by creating a "Soup Day" in your classroom! Watch this tutorial on how to make a vegetable soup!
- Vegetable Jokes -- Short Version
- Onion on a Spoon Relay
- Capture the "carrot" (aka capture the flag)
- Veggie Jeopardy
- Fruit & Vegetable Jokes -- Long Version
- Make a Veggie Hat Activity!
- Plant vegetables or herbs indoors and watch them grow!