Got a Question?
Connect with Us
Farm to School in the Classroom
The Farm to School Manitoba Healthy Choice Fundraiser is not only a profitable fundraiser for your school or licensed daycare, but it also provides numerous teaching opportunities for educators. While students are talking about and selling fresh, local vegetables to family and friends, why not also educate them about:
- Healthy food choices
- Canada's Food Guide
- Sustainable food systems
- Agriculture in Manitoba
- Food preparation and culinary skills
- Local food production, marketing, and distribution
Whether in preschool, elementary, junior or senior high school, we're confident this fundraiser can be tied to many interesting discussions and learning opportunities for your students.
Educational Resources for Teachers and Parents
- Agriculture in the Classroom
- FANLit - Food and Nutrition Literacy
- Nuton - Dairy Farmers of Manitoba
- Farm to Cafeteria Canada
- Heart and Stroke Manitoba - Healthy Kids
- Half Your Plate!
- Freggie Tales! Canadian Produce Marketing Association
- Save-On-Foods Nutrition Tours Program
- Bruce D. Campbell Farm and Food Discovery Center
- FortWhyte Alive Farms
- Food Matters Manitoba
Fun Vegetable Activities for Children
- Celebrate World Food Day by creating a "Soup Day" in your classroom! Watch this tutorial on how to make a vegetable soup!
- Vegetable Jokes -- Short Version
- Onion on a Spoon Relay
- Capture the "carrot" (aka capture the flag)
- Veggie Jeopardy
- Fruit & Vegetable Jokes -- Long Version
- Make a Veggie Hat Activity!
- Plant vegetables or herbs indoors and watch them grow!