- 2 c plain yogurt – (500 mL) drained overnight
- 1/2 tbsp seasoning salt – (7.5 mL)
- 1 tsp garlic clove – (5 mL) minced
- 1 tsp dried dill weed – (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder – (2.5 mL)
- Place sieve, lined with damp paper towel or damp cheese cloth, into a bowl. Pour plain yogurt into sieve. Cover with plastic wrap. Put into refrigerator to drain overnight.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together yogurt, seasoning sale, garlic, dill weed and onion powder.
- Mix until well blended
- Transfer into a plastic container with tight-fitting lid. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To reduce the amount of sodium in this dip, add less seasoning salt Use Greek yogurt for a creamier texture if you don’t have time to strain the yogurt Recipe adapted from Manitoba’s Dairy Best https://www.milk.mb.ca/recipe/yogurt-veggie-dip/#.XEnbHlxKiUk